Another chiffon cake…I am still only 90% there, not yet got the perfect chiffon cake but I am very happy with this.
Original recipe from Wendyinkk.
4 medium egg yolks
100g sugar – will reduce to 80g
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Orange zest from 2 oranges
115ml fresh orange juice
75ml corn oil (or vegetable oil)
4 egg whites
1. Beat egg yolks with the oil, orange juice and sugar.
2. Sift the flour with baking powder, and add to egg yolk.
3. Stir till well combined
4. Add orange zest and combine.
5. Beat egg whites at low speed till foamy.
6. Increase speed and add sugar in 3 intervals.
7. Beat till stiff peaks formed.
8. Add 1/4 of egg whites to the egg yolk batter and mix.
9. Repeat step 8.
10. Add the mixed batter to the remaining egg whites and fold till all combined.
11. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175oC for about 45min.
Cover the cake with aluminium fold if the top starts to get too brown.
Looks good, soft and fluffy but I think it could do with another 5 min. I find it too sweet so in future I will reduce the amount of sugar.