Decided to make a really simple dinner to share with housemate — tomato sweetcorn soup.
1 can Cirio plum tomatoes
1 cup frozen sweetcorn kernels
3 shallots roughly sliced
1/2 can water
1 sprig fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp chilli powder
Grated parmigiana grana padano
Cooking time: 20 min
1. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a pot. Add shallots and fry till soft.
2. Add sweetcorn and fresh thyme. Fry for about 5 – 8 min.
3. Add tomatoes, chilli powder and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 15 – 20min.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Remove the thyme stems. Blend half or more of the soup till smooth, depending on how chunky you prefer.
6. Add grated parmigiana grana padano and serve with toasted bread.
I added sausage slices to the soup but just because I had some.