Need to bring a sweet for Christmas lunch at Alison’s place and decided to make some mini oreo cheesecakes since her daughter loves oreos.
The recipe is taken from Wendyinkk’s blog; halved as there is only going to for 3!
Original recipe for 12 is here:
250g cream cheese
150g condensed milk
2 eggs separated
A small pinch of cream of tartar
1 Tbsp sugar (caster)
1 tube oreos (12 pieces)
1. Separate the oreos, try to keep 1 half of each oreo intact (for topping if you wish to use an intact piece). Throw each half with the cream into a mixer and pulse till fine. Scoop 1 tsp of the oreo crumbs into a muffin cup.
2. Preheat oven now to 150degC and boil some water (for the water bath to be used later)
3. Line muffin tray with muffin paper cups and scoop 1 tsp of oreo crumbs into each cup. lightly press the crumbs to flatten.
4. Separate the egg yolk and whites.
5. Beat the egg whites with an electric beater till foamy.
6. Add pinch of cream of tartar (** I used white wine vinegar)
7. Continue to beat the egg whites and add in the caster sugar. Beat till medium to stiff peaks are formed.
8. Using the same whisk, beat the cream cheese till smooth (takes only 1 min), add in condensed milk, beat a little and then add in egg yolk. Beat till well combined.
9. Fold in the egg whites using a spatula until well combined.
10. Gently pour (or scoop) the mixture into each muffin cup.
11. Top each with the remaining oreo biscuit.
12. Pour some of the boiled hot water into a tray large enough for the muffin tray to fit in. Place the muffin tray in the hot water and place in oven.
13. Bake for 20 min.
14. Cool in the oven with door ajar.
15. When completely cooled, chill in fridge till cold, around 3 hr at least.
They didn’t look as pretty as Wendyinkk’s, wonder if the oven is too hot.
But when it was all chilled I tried one and it tasted very nice! Not too sweet too. Hope my friends like them later.